Event home | Event Info
Saturday, September 2 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
- (2:00–3:00pm) for all weekend courses and races
Saturday, September 2 — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*
Age on December 31st of this year
- (Ages 10 & under) 100y Swim — 5k Bike — ½mi Run
- (Ages 11–15) 200y Swim — 10k Bike — 1mi Run
*Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Ages 10 & Under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–15)
Sunday, September 3 — Great Buckeye Challenge
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 10mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 14mi Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 25mi Bike — 10k Run
- Half: 1.2mi Swim (5k Run) — 56mi Bike — 13.1mi Run
- 2:00pm — Transition area opens for Kidz races
- 3:00pm — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
- 4:15pm — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 10 & Under)
- 6:00–7:30am — Transition area open
- 7:30am — Women's Mini Triathlon
- 7:40am — Men's Mini Triathlon
- 7:50am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint, Olympic, Half)
- 7:50am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 8:00am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
- 8:15am — Half Triathlon Waves
Race Packet Pick-Up
Buck Creek State Park Beach Area
- Saturday, September 2 from 10:00am–3:00pm
- Sunday, September 3 from 6:00am–7:30am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
USA Triathlon Rule 3.2a. All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age group division corresponding to the athlete's age on December 31 of the year of the event.
- Age Group — 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Elite Open* — Amateur 15-39 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Master* — Amateur 40-49 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Grand Master* — Amateur 50+ years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Clydesdale — Males racing weight groups in two age groups:
- under 40 & 220+lbs
- over 40 & 220+lbs
- Athena — Females racing weights group, not age group — 150lbs+
- Aquabike — racing only the swim and bike portions only (no running)
*The elite divisions are only for the sprint, Olympic & half distance triathlon or duathlon participants. Those competing in these divisions are not eligible for age group awards.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon or duathlon we offer a relay division for our sprint, Olympic & half distance triathlons and duathlons. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner), each member will complete one segment of the race (2 members for duathlon teams). Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their assigned bike rack. There are NO age groups in this division.
All finishers will receive a handsome finisher medal and the top three in each division will receive custom awards (including relay teams).