Event home | Event Info
Saturday, September 29 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
- (2:00pm) for all Sunday courses and races
Saturday, September 29 — P.R. Multisport & Swim Clinic
Sunday, September 30 — Deer Creek Fall Challenge
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- 7:00–8:30am — Transition area open
- 8:30am — Women's Mini Triathlon
- 8:40am — Men's Mini Triathlon
- 8:50am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint, Olympic)
- 8:50am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 9:00am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
Race Packet Pick-Up
Deer Creek State Park Beach Area
- Saturday, September 29 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, September 30 from 7:00am–8:30am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
USA Triathlon Rule 3.2a. All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age group division corresponding to the athlete's age on December 31 of the year of the event.
- Age Group — 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Elite Open* — Amateur 15-39 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Master* — Amateur 40-49 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Grand Master* — Amateur 50+ years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Clydesdale — Males racing weight groups in two age groups:
- under 40 & 220+lbs
- over 40 & 220+lbs
- Athena — Females racing weights group, not age group — 150lbs+
- Aquabike — racing only the swim and bike portions only (no running)
*The elite divisions are only for the sprint, Olympic & half distance triathlon or duathlon participants. Those competing in these divisions are not eligible for age group awards.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon or duathlon we offer a relay division for our sprint and Olympic distance triathlons and duathlons. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner); each member will complete one segment of the race (2 members for duathlon teams). Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their assigned bike rack. There are NO age groups in this division.
Run Course Hydration Stations
The run course is marked in blue duct tape and cones for everyone and there are signs for each distance turnaround. Hydration stations on the run are at about every mile and each has Gatorade Endurance lemon lime and water in cups along with Coke, cookies, pretzels, bananas, BOOM gel, sunscreen, band-aids, and a portajohn at every mile on the run.
All finishers will receive a handsome finisher medal and the top three in each division will receive custom awards (including relay teams).
P.R. Multisport & Swim clinic $29
Race Coaching Expertise ~ Through Education and Years of Experience!
P.R. Multisport is proud to partner with HFP Racing to host the on-site swim and triathlon clinics at select events, for beginner to advanced triathletes. Don't miss out on gaining the edge and insights from our over 35 years in training and racing Multisport with many successes! Our goal is to HELP you to achieve your personal multisport goals with speed, safely, and having fun along the way, in reaching your potential and reaching your own PR.
We will cover:
- Technique discussion on fundamentals and how to apply them, with video examples!
- On-site in-water swim course talk and training
- Race and triathlon training tactics for all 3 sports + transitioning
- PLUS: Q&A from you! All you need to know
Read some client testimonials