Event home | Event Info
Saturday, August 18
- 9:00am Pre-race Meeting for Kidz (all ages)
- 2:00pm Adult Course Talk & Preview
Saturday, August 18 — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*
Age on December 31st of this year
- (Ages 10 & under) 100y Swim — 5k Bike — ½mi Run
- (Ages 11–15) 200y Swim — 10k Bike — 1mi Run
*Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Ages 10 & under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–15)
Saturday, August 18 — P.R. Multisport & Swim Clinic
Sunday, August 19 — Vermilion Harbour Triathlon & Duathlon
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- 9:00am — Transition area opens for Kidz races
- 10:00am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
- 11:15am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Age 10 & under)
- 5:30–7:00am — Transition area open, packet pickup, body marking, chip pickup
- 7:00am — Mini Women's start
- 7:10am — Mini Men's start
- 7:20am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
- 7:20am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 7:30am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
Race Packet Pick-Up
Sherod Park Beach Area
- Kidz Only: Saturday, August 18 from 9:00am–11:00am
- Adults: Saturday, August 18 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, August 19 from 5:30am–7:00am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
All participants may park for FREE at Sherod Park next to the transition area (US 6 & Coen Rd.,Vermilion OH 44089).
Race Day Praise and Worship
Grace United Methodist Church will be hosting a praise and worship service next to the race site on the front lawn of the Church at 9am on race day.
USA Triathlon Rule 3.2a. All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age group division corresponding to the athlete's age on December 31 of the year of the event.
- Kidz Age Groups — 7 & under, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- Age Group — 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Elite Open* — Amateur 15-39 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Master* — Amateur 40-49 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Grand Master* — Amateur 50+ years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Clydesdale — Males racing weight groups in two age groups:
- under 40 & 220+lbs
- over 40 & 220+lbs
- Athena — Females racing weights group, not age group — 150lbs+
- Aquabike — racing only the swim and bike portions only (no running)
*The elite divisions are only for the sprint & Olympic distance triathlon or duathlon participants. Those competing in these divisions are not eligible for age group awards.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon or duathlon we offer a relay division for our sprint and Olympic distance triathlons and duathlons. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner); each member will complete one segment of the race (2 members for duathlon teams). Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their assigned bike rack. There are NO age groups in this division.
All finishers will receive a handsome finisher medal and the top three in each division will receive custom awards (including relay teams).
P.R. Multisport & Swim clinic $29
Race Coaching Expertise ~ Through Education and Years of Experience!
P.R. Multisport is proud to partner with HFP Racing to host the on-site swim and triathlon clinics at select events, for beginner to advanced triathletes. Don't miss out on gaining the edge and insights from our over 35 years in training and racing Multisport with many successes! Our goal is to HELP you to achieve your personal multisport goals with speed, safely, and having fun along the way, in reaching your potential and reaching your own PR.
We will cover:
- Technique discussion on fundamentals and how to apply them, with video examples!
- On-site in-water swim course talk and training
- Race and triathlon training tactics for all 3 sports + transitioning
- PLUS: Q&A from you! All you need to know
Read some client testimonials