Race Day Checklist
Congratulations!! You've set a goal to participate in a HFP Racing event!
HFP Racing hopes to help out every athlete as much as possible with tips, training and reminders to assist with the proper preparation for the upcoming event. Good luck and have a great time!
This checklist has been prepared to help the new triathletes, allowing them to participate in any event without the fear of forgetting some essential item. For the veterans, using a checklist can definitely help relief the pre-race stress. The list — based on input from several triathletes — includes the basic items, a few optional ones, as well as tips and tricks learned along the way.
- Body glide, olive oil or Pam for around your ankles
- Swim cap (HFP Racing provides)
- Ear plugs (optional)
- Bike shoes
- Bike socks
- Extra shirt
- Rain jacket (optional)
- Water bottles
- Pump (CO2) and regular pump for pre-race
- Spare tubes
- Racing flats
- Running shoes
- Running socks and running shorts (in case want to run prior to race)
- Running hat (optional)
- Survey the course at a minimum. Do a trial run the week before if you can.
- Visualize your whole race, start to finish including the transitions
- Set goals for your race.
- Tri-shorts–top — can swim, bike and run in this, no need to change
- Towels (2) one old one for standing on
- Plastic bags, garbage bags
- Additional water, sports drink
- Nutritional stuff, including prerace energy bar
- Clean clothes